Saturday, February 9, 2013

HERE COMES...

Hello, and welcome to the mildly unexciting, first installment of theBLOG.  What’s theBLOG, you ask?  Well, here at the official theJASONHARDWICKshow blog [don’t click that link, you’re already here.  really, don’t.] we (I) like to mix things up a bit.  So, what does that mean for you, the loyal reader?  Well, after struggling to find direction and/or focus for this blog, I (that’s better) have decided to have various “columns,” so-to-speak.  theBLOG is exactly that: the next/newest column to be unveiled.

For example, my previous post/column (entitled a picture’s worth) was, and will continue to be, an outlet for me to share my adventures in photography with anyone willing to waste their time by reading it.  Much to that same effect, I may occasionally write a movie review.  Shit, I may just start posting old, unedited film school essays.  Now, that would be enjoyably embarrassing.  The possibilities are endless; who knows what could happen.  I certainly don’t.  Hell, I don’t even know if I’m going to keep up with this “blogging” thing.  But if I do, each of these various columns will have some specific focus.

Conversely, theBLOG will have no such focus.  It shall now, and forever be, a place where I can write about anything and everything I damn well please—the weirder and/or more unexpected, the better.  I may copy and paste a scene, or bit of dialogue, from whatever script I'm currently wasting my time/life on.  I may not.  I may write a love letter to myself.  I may not.  I may post old love letters to ex-girlfriends.  I may not.  Oh, but wouldn't it be great if I did?!  Regardless, you get the idea.  Randomness is key.  It could be fun.  Or not.

Let’s give it a whirl, shall we?  Here’s a random, extremely low-quality, completely idiotic video of me, from college (circa 2004), that I just found hidden away on an old hard drive.  Enjoy:


See how this works?  No rules.  It's liberating.  Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Nice video. Who are you again? #sniff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait a second... Is that JDot from "Yeah, I Figured that Much"? Holy shit, man!!!! I'm a HUGE fan of your work! But I'm guessing you already figured that much.

    #sniff

    ReplyDelete